Hunting is an outdoor activity that is enjoyed in many parts of Australia. What has to be the priority is safety. This begins first by making sure that all of the equipment purchased for hunting is done through a reputable retailer that is properly licenced for selling this type of equipment.
The Basics For Safety
There are some basic but very important safety instructions that should be learned by anyone before they even go on their first hunting adventure. These include:
- Always assume that every gun is loaded and can be discharged
- Always make sure that guns are unloaded and stored in a secure manner
- Never point your firearm unless it is in a safe direction
- When you are aiming at a target make sure you are aware of its surroundings
- Clean your firearm properly
- Learn the proper handling of your gun in all situations. Such as when cleaning, discharging and storing.
- Do not put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to discharge it
- Do not load the gun until you are going to discharge it.
- Never use your firearm when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Take a firearms safety course.
Make sure that you buy anything related to hunting from a quality retailer. Be sure to ask any questions that you need answers to and listen to their advice.
Know The Rules
If you are going to be hunting animals make sure you know the rules that pertain to this and you have any required licences. Be humane with your hunting adventures. If you are going to be using your firearm for target practice ensure that you know the proper safety rules of this as well.
Chances are in you are hunting during hunting season you are not the only hunter out there. Make sure you wear bright clothing that is properly marked so you are not mistaken for an animal.